International Music Journalism Award
For the 6th time, the International Music Journalism Award will be awarded in 2022 at Reeperbahn Festival.
In addition to the awards for English and German languages, there will be again awards for texts in French language as well as for French journalists in cooperation with Centre national de la musique (CNM).
The International Music Journalism Award will be awarded in the following categories:
1. The Best Music Journalist of the Year - German / English / French
2. The Year’s Best Work of Music Journalism
a) Text (Print & Web) - German / English / French
b) Audio - German / English / French
c) Multimedia - German / English
3. New Perspective – The Year's Best Work of Music Journalism, Under 30 - German
If you are interested in Advertising & Sponsoring possibilities at the International Music Journalism Award please contact our Sponsoring team at email@example.com.
THE IDEA / GUIDELINES
High-quality journalism is a valuable commodity. The environment in which excellent, original journalism can be produced is becoming ever more challenging and, particularly for young journalists, a lot less attractive.
Outstanding individual work and first-rate ongoing journalistic engagement that focuses on popular music and its business climate should and must be recognised – with special attention paid to the work of young music journalists.
WORKS / CANDIDATES
To be considered by the jury, submitted journalistic work must …
1. deal with a subject/issue having to do with pop music, e.g. a musician, band, concert, festival, recording, or be a reflection on the current pop music climate
2. be accessible to the public in a standard analogue or digital format, e.g. a text (newspaper, magazine, blog), radio piece, TV report, multimedia project, podcast, video channel, or entire broadcast or online formats, etc.,
3. be published between 01.07.2021 - 30.06.2022.
For the categories Best Music Journalist and Best Music Business Journalist, the candidates’ contributions outside the above-mentioned time period will also be considered. The aim is to pay tribute to impactful journalists who consistently approach their profession with great skill and expertise, enjoy an exceptionally high reputation, and can serve as a model for others.
PRESENTATION OF THE WINNERS
The award-winning works/a shortlist will be made available to the public before the festival to enable a greater reception of their works. The winners will be honoured at Reeperbahn Festival and will take part in conference talks or discussions that address the subject of music and media.